MPRSx8 Board is available also on Tindie store: https://www.tindie.com/stores/nEXT_EVO1/
For MPRSx8 general presentation and hardware description please take a look also at Part 1 of the MPRSx8 series:http://www.esp8266-projects.com/2016/11/wifi-mains-8x-relay-board-for-home.html
Part 2 of the series, ESPEasy Firmware Upload tutorial using a simple standard USB-to-Serial Adapter:
The story behind:
Somebody was asking if is really possible to upload firmware with a simple USB to serial adapter, as the ones that are available all over the place. As you can see from the above step-by-step tutorial it is possible and is working very smooth. You are loosing the autoreset and autoupload capabilities of the USBProg board, but as long as you are doing rarely the firmware upload is not so bad.
On the other hand, if you want to use it with Arduino IDE or anything else that means frequent upload then I think you will start looking after that functions sooner or later, I think more sooner than later :)
What we will need:
- MPRSx8 Home Automation Development Board
- ESP8266 ESP-12E module installed on the MPRSx8 Board
- For programming we will use a standard USB-to-Serial adapter, plenty of choices around, few of them below:
- Another even smaller size version
- extra pinout version
- FT232 Version - Full pinout. Looks nice but because of the FTDI horror stories I would probably stay away from it.
Next time we will move further with the ESPEasy firmware configuration, preparing the board for Domoticz integration.